Research paper essay is written to analyze a point or to develop arguments to support a thesis. An essay is written around a central problem and provides an answer. It presents the thinking of the writer and these concepts must be supported by the knowledge acquired from own experience and reading. A research paper also is an essay, but instead of writing own experience and thinking, writer strives to find more information, ideas and opinions from experts in the field to build upon his/her own knowledge.
A research paper refers to a range of academic works, including dissertations, term papers, and theses. Such papers often contribute a lot to a student’s grade, which is why many students are actually intimidated by this challenge. However, with the right set of knowledge and skills, as well as the right attitude, you will ace your research paper from the first try!
What are the Steps in Writing a Research Paper?
When you are writing a research paper, it’s important to use every source that is available to you. Instead of simply going to the library and finding one or two books on the required topic, you should also look for magazines and newspapers, government publications, encyclopedias, and any other relevant source you can locate.
Plus, you shouldn’t ignore the power of the internet when it comes to conducting research. There may be hundreds of thousands of search results for your topic, but you should pay extra attention to the authenticity and reliability of the source.
Another essential step of the research paper writing process is developing a thesis statement. The thesis statement will serve as the foundation of your entire paper and you will come back to it more than once. That is why a thesis statement needs to be clear, strong, and concise.
While choosing a topic for your research paper is important, it’s only the first step in the complex writing process. Here are all 7 steps of the typical research paper writing procedure:
- Choose your topic.
- Formulate a thesis to build your work around.
- Gather all relevant sources and make notes as you study them.
- Prepare an outline for your research paper.
- Organize your notes according to the outline.
- Write the research paper using your notes and the outline.
- Proofread the paper and make sure you have achieved the desired effect.
College Research Paper Examples
Samples are always useful. Such texts allow the writer to make sure he does the right job. That is why students may find numerous samples on the internet according to their topics.
college research paper example
college research paper outline
college research paper
how to write a college research paper
research paper format
research paper introduction
After you review several examination papers, you will make sure that in general, all papers have the same structure and approaches in writing. But all power of the text is in facts and personal thoughts. Every paper must contain unique information, arguments, and conclusion. In such a way the result of the job will be the high mark.
Topic for a Research Paper Essay
A research paper is a serious task for any student. The topic depends on the subject you are studying. Among the best ideas for such paper are listed below themes.
- If you are a student of technology department choose something like that:
- How to provide the best cybersecurity on the internet.
- The way Steve Jobs had changed the world
- The best NASA technologies to explore Mars.
- Students of legal issues may be interested in the following:
- Is it legal to provide death penalty?
- Legalization of marijuana: pros and cons.
- If your field is business may attention to the next topics:
- The analyzes of minimum wages in the world.
- The most effective tips in time management.
- How to create startup if you have no business idea.
A research essay topic has to be specific. Read the assignment instructions carefully and select a topic that is relevant to the assignment. It has to cover a narrow area that helps to carry out a meaningful study within the time limit and write a good essay to be contained within the word limit. The selected topic has to be interesting and useful to the readers. The writer should have an enthusiasm that will make the research paper essay a marvelous piece of writing. The topic selected for the research paper is a critical factor on the success of the paper.
College Research Paper Outline
The first step in writing papers is to pick up an interesting topic. After you make sure that the topic of your research paper really deserves attention then decide what statements and facts you should add to the discussing. It is important to use the optimal amount of details that will provide the general foundation for any research outline.
So here are the main parts of research papers:
- Introduction. This part must contain the main thesis statements of the research. Don’t forget to explain basic approaches you used in your research paper. In general, the introduction usually contains major points of the problem and encourage them to read the paper with interest.
- Body. This is the main part where a student must explain his thesis and prove them with arguments. Experts in writing papers advice to use the ‘Rule of 3’, that requires at least 3 arguments for every statement. The author uses good argument at first, then add one stronger and finish with the strongest one. In such a way there would be no doubts about your paper quality.
- Conclusion. One of the most important students’ skills is an opportunity to make a summary. This part will contain the short thesis of all paper and final conclusion.
Useful Tips for Writing a Research Paper
Students have to follow some accepted norms and practices when writing a research paper. Here are some important tips to follow:
- Follow the given writing style for the paper including the bibliography
- Organization of the research paper:
- Use a format that ensures smooth logical flow of ideas
- Connect the paragraph with hooks and smooth transitions
- Body paragraphs in logical order
- Introduction should contain your thesis statement
- Thesis statement should be restated in the conclusion
- Be careful on sentence structure, spelling, punctuation and capitalization
- Essay editing and proofreading are essential to submit an error-free research paper
Professional Help to Write Good Research Papers
When students are faced with the challenge of writing a research paper essay, they should try their best to write the paper by themselves. If they find it difficult to do, wasting time will result in serious consequences. If this is the situation that you are facing right now, do not hesitate to get essay assistance to write a good research paper that gets you a good grade. Research paper writers can help you with a custom written research paper that would ensure your success.