The “Treasure State” has more to offer Montana college students than its natural mineral resources. Thanks to a rapidly growing economy, Montana colleges and universities are able to offer high ranking education programs throughout the state. Whether searching for an associate degree, bachelor degree, or advanced degree, Montana students can find a program that fits their lifestyle and financial needs.
Montana Colleges and Universities help Professionals Advance in a Career of Choice
Although agriculture is Montana’s main source of income, Montana college graduates can expect to find employment with a diverse selection of businesses. As of September, 2017, Montana’s top industries included:
- Montana Trade, Transportation, and Utilities.
- Montana Government.
- Montana Leisure and Hospitality.
- Montana Professional and Business Services.
- Montana Construction.
- Montana Financial Activities.
Graduates of Montana Colleges and Universities find Rapid Growth in Local Economy
The local economy is growing rapidly, partly due to the millions of tourists that visit Montana’s Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park. Montana college graduates enter an increasingly healthy economy with the following statistical profile:
- The September, 2017 Montana unemployment rate was 3%, a full percentage point below the national average.
- 486,100 people are employed in Montana.
- The 2016 – 2017 Montana median household income was $36,202, a 1% increase from the previous year.
- The 2017 Montana gross state product was $26 billion.
Online and Campus-based Learning Provide Flexible Options for Montana University Students
With the advance of technology, Montana colleges and universities are able to offer more flexible options for students. Unique combinations of campus-based and online education are possible through schools, such as:
- Kaplan University: Nursing Degrees, Criminal Justice Degrees, Management Degrees.
- University of Phoenix: Business Management Degrees, Criminal Justice Degrees, Nursing Degrees.
- Capella University: Psychology Degrees, Nonprofit Agency Degrees.
For a complete list of Montana schools, students are encouraged to visit College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will also find links to informative articles on making education and career decisions in the state of Montana.