The “Garden State” of New Jersey has the highest population density of any U.S. state. Its proximity to New York and Philadelphia make it an ideal location for working professionals and full-time students. With one of the highest median incomes in the entire nation, students of New Jersey colleges and universities can expect to enter lucrative careers following graduation.
50 New Jersey Fortune 500 Companies Offer Employment Opportunities to Graduates of New Jersey Universities and Colleges
50 of the nation’s Fortune 500 companies are headquartered in, or conduct business from New Jersey. New Jersey college students find employment with some of the state’s top employers in the printing, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, telecommunications, finance, and industrial research industries. Some of New Jersey’s most prominent employers include:
- Johnson & Johnson headquartered in New Jersey.
- Merck & Co. headquartered in New Jersey.
- Nabisco headquartered in New Jersey.
- Wyeth headquartered in New Jersey.
- Creative Manager Pro headquartered in New Jersey.
- North Jersey Media Group headquartered in New Jersey.
- Quest Diagnostics headquartered in New Jersey.
- Prudential Financial headquartered in New Jersey.
Female Graduates of New Jersey Colleges and Universities have the Highest Earnings in the Nation
A 2017 Newark Star-Ledger article reported that women earn the highest per capita income in the nation in New Jersey. College graduates of all backgrounds enter a strong local economy. The most recent U.S. Department of Labor and U.S. Census Bureau data reveal:
- The 2017 New Jersey gross state product was $416 billion.
- The 2016 – 2017 New Jersey median household income was $60,246, $14,000 above the national average.
- The September, 2017 New Jersey unemployment rate was 5.4%.
- 4,246,100 people are employed in New Jersey.
Working Professionals Combine Campus-based and Online Programs at New Jersey Universities and Colleges
Working professionals have more flexibility than ever before at New Jersey colleges and universities. Unique combinations of online and campus-based learning programs are available through New Jersey schools, such as:
- Kaplan University: New Jersey Online Programs.
- University of Phoenix: Jersey City College Campus and Online Programs.
- ITT Technical Institute: New Jersey Online Programs.
More New Jersey colleges and universities are available through College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will also find links to informative articles about making education and career decisions in the state of New Jersey.