The “Empire State” of New York offers a wealth of opportunity for professionals seeking a degree at one of the many New York colleges and universities. Lucrative careers abound in the financial center of New York City and throughout the state of New York. College students and working professionals are now reaching their career goals through educational programs that are more flexible than ever before.
Top New York Industries Hire Graduates of New York Colleges and Universities
Many of the country’s largest corporations are based in Westchester County, just north of New York City. College graduates have additional opportunities at the Brookhaven National Laboratory research center and some of New York’s other prominent industries, including:
- New York Printing and Publishing.
- New York Mass Communications.
- New York Advertising.
- New York Entertainment & Tourism.
- New York Banking and Finance.
- New York Microchips & Nanotechnology.
Graduates of New York Colleges and Universities Enter the 3rd Largest Economy in the Nation
The New York economy is the 3rd largest in the U.S., just behind California and Texas. New York college graduates enter an economy with a promising profile. The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and U.S. Department of Labor report:
- The 2017 New York gross state product was $963 billion.
- The September, 2017 New York unemployment rate was 4%, compared to the national average of 4.4%.
- 9,035,700 people are employed in New York.
- The 2016 – 2017 New York median household income was $46,659, on par with the national average.
New York Universities and Colleges Offer Programs for Working Professionals and Single Parents
Students from all backgrounds and life situations are able to find flexible education options at New York colleges and universities. Unique combinations of campus-based and online degree programs are now available through New York schools, such as:
- ITT Technical Institute: Syracuse University Campus, Buffalo College Campus, Albany College Campus, and Online Programs.
- Kaplan University: New York Online Programs.
- University of Phoenix: New York Online Programs.
For an extensive list of New York colleges and universities, students are encouraged to visit College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will also find access to informative articles on making education and career decisions in the state of New York.