An extensive network of colleges and universities in Ohio is encouraging working professionals to head back to school. Career advancement in the field of nursing, business, and criminal justice is easier than ever before through Ohio university degree programs. College graduates are now finding some of the best opportunities with prominent local employers.
Prominent Ohio Employers Hire Graduates of Ohio Colleges and Universities
Ohio college graduates are finding employment in major industries, such as education, health, business, and government. Major employers offer career advancement opportunities in Ohio, including:
- Proctor & Gamble headquartered in Ohio.
- Aeronca Aircraft headquartered in Ohio.
- Allegro Realty Advisors headquartered in Ohio.
- American Financial Group headquartered in Ohio.
- Cardinal Health headquartered in Ohio.
- CompuServe headquartered in Ohio.
- F+W Publications, Inc. headquartered in Ohio.
- Sherwin-Williams headquartered in Ohio.
Most Recent Economic Statistics Reveal Graduates of Ohio Colleges and Universities Come Out Ahead
The best opportunities are available to Ohio college graduates in an economy supported mainly by commerce and manufacturing. Educated professionals are in high demand in the Ohio aerospace, defense, and NASA manufacturing industry. The economy continues to diversify and now boasts:
- The September, 2017 Ohio unemployment rate was 5.2%.
- 5,655,000 people are employed in Ohio.
- The 2016 – 2017 Ohio median household income was $44,349.
- The 2017 Ohio gross state product was $419 billion.
Ohio Colleges and Universities Offer Unique Combinations of Campus-based and Online Degree Programs
Ohio college students have more flexibility today than ever before. Students may now choose between or combine campus-based and online degree programs through Ohio schools, such as:
Kaplan University: Dayton College Campus, Columbus University Campus, Cleveland College Campus, and Online Programs.
University of Phoenix: Cincinnati College Campus, Cleveland University Campus, Columbus College Campus, and Online Programs.
ITT Technical Institute: Dayton College Campus, Norwood University Campus, Youngstown College Campus, Strongsville University Campus, Warrensville College Campus, Hilliard University Campus, Maumee College Campus, and Online Programs.
For an extensive list of Ohio colleges and universities, students are encouraged to visit College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website. Prospective students will also find links to informative articles on making education and career decisions in the state of Ohio.