Working professionals and single parents are heading back to school in the “Evergreen State” of Washington. Colleges and universities are preparing students to successfully compete for prime positions in local industries. Washington college graduates currently have some of the best career opportunities in the state. Flexible degree programs are making it possible for students from all life situations to take advantage of Washington education opportunities.
Top Washington Employers Hire Graduates of Washington Colleges and Universities
Washington college graduates are finding employment in exciting industries like computer software, electronics, and biotechnology. Some of Washington’s top employers include:
- Amazon.com headquartered in Washington.
- Microsoft headquartered in Washington.
- Paizo Publishing headquartered in Washington.
- Spacelabs Healthcare headquartered in Washington.
- Brio Realty headquartered in Washington.
- Data I/O Corporation headquartered in Washington.
- Enumclaw Insurance Group headquartered in Washington.
Washington Offers Strong Economy for Graduates of Washington Universities and Colleges
Washington’s economy is boosted by Seattle, a center for trade with Asia and the gateway to Alaska. One of the world’s largest sources of hydroelectric power is the Columbia River, located in Washington. College graduates have a promising future in a local economy that boasts:
- The 2016 – 2017 Washington median household income was $51,119, approximately $5,000 above the national average.
- The 2017 Washington gross state product was $268.2 billion.
- The September, 2017 Washington unemployment rate was 4.3%, just above the national average of 4.1%.
- 3,177,500 people are employed in Washington.
Working Professionals have Access to Nontraditional Degree Programs at Washington Colleges and Universities
Unique combinations of campus-based and online degree programs are making Washington colleges and universities more accessible to working professionals and single parents. Students are now able to maintain work and personal commitments while pursuing education goals through Washington schools, such as:
Kaplan University: Renton College Campus and Online Degree Programs.
University of Phoenix: Spokane Valley College Campus, Bellevue University Campus, Tacoma College Campus, Renton University Campus, Mountlake Terrace College Campus, Seattle University Campus, Vancouver College Campus, and Online Degree Programs.
ITT Technical Institute: Everett University Campus, Seattle College Campus, Spokane Valley University Campus, and Online Degree Programs.
To request more information from any Washington school of choice, students are encouraged to submit a brief profile form. An extensive list of Washington colleges and universities is available through College-Pages.com, the leading education and career resource website.